As precipitous as a baby’s first step, necessary for its future, so I take a baby step toward the future of my blog, and perhaps myself as well: I joined the Big Brass Alliance.
In support of After Downing Street, I threw my hat in the ring, too. Lots of people are doing this, momentum is building. The skeptic inside wants to shout “Sheep!” but I think there’s something here of value. It’s not often that perennial wallflower like myself will join up on anything, I mean, Here’s a guy that has ICQ, but no buddies on his list. I keep to myself. (yes, I’m that wierd) I’m also struggling with my Buddhism as to “letting go”, but I feel the larger issues of political regression and American decline has the potential to negatively affect the whole world; nations do not live in isolation anymore. As a Buddhist, I have taken vows to help people, and so I join to help in what tiny ways I can - if only to add my voice to the fray.
I can only imagine what the Righties are saying about this. Having writ this, I investigate:
TigerHawk? On his way to Brazil, he’s not connected right now.
Volokh Conspiracy? Zilch.
Power Line? Nada.
Michele Malkin? I’m sensing a pattern here.
Captain’s Quarters? Definitely a vociferous silence.
Chicago Boyz? Nuttin’.
Free Republic? ditto. That clinches it!
The response by the rightwing antagonists is unanimous. Over 300 Lefty bloggers have joined the Alliance, a CNN spot and another on the slate at MSNBC, multiple newsprint stories, yet barely a whisper from the warbloggers. How can this be?
Possible reasons for the silence of the wolves:
- Alternate Realities: It take some time for news to travel as the speed of electrons from our universe to theirs.
- Signal to Noise: they’re too busy shouting congratulations at themselves on some perceived victory in Iraq ( see: Alternate Reality) to notice they’re standing on the train tracks as the crossing signal descends.
- They can’t see the forest for the trees.
- The Tsunami hasn’t reached their exclusive, white sands resort just yet.
- They are busy praying (it is Sunday, after all) “Say it ain’t so, Joe” and hoping it will all blow over.
In a related note, John Kerry vows to “Raise the issue” tomorrow in Washington. Check it out here. Most likely scenario, he will get blasted by the usual suspects. Nevertheless, the Downing Street memo is gaining momentum, and what was ignored last month is going to be discussed this month; small steps for sure, but it’s not long before this baby is running on its own.