Long time no Zen. I let this feature retire because I felt it was not appreciated by my three readers; that is was self-serving. That’s silly. This whole blog-thing is self service. Especially when one is as obscure as I am.
No self-pity, though, just noting reality in all it’s glory… So don’t misconstrue the following quote from an old Dzogchen.org email as disparaging. I’m hoping you’ll see yourself in some of these common human tendencies. I know I do.
10 Things That Can Make Your Life Suck~ by Alan Cohen(from "Why Your Life Sucks: And What You Can Do About It")1. giving your power away
2. expecting your life to suck
3. getting fooled by appearances
4. wasting your energy on things that suck
5. trying to prove yourself
6. saying "yes" when you mean "no"
7. thinking you have to do it all yourself
8. trying to fix other people
9. starving your soul
10. forgetting to enjoy the ride
That last one, I think is the clincher… Enjoy your ride.You only get the one.